VILLA MARIA SUMMER SCHOOL 2020
“Villa Maria’s summer session helped our child to not only maintain his skills but deepen his understanding. He had an awesome time and was much more prepared for September’s return to classes.”
Do you want your child want to maintain and strengthen his or her academic skills while still having time in the afternoons for fun with neighborhood friends and family? …Then come join our community for the Villa Maria 2020 Summer Session!
Summer is a time when children with learning challenges lose significant academic ground. We encourage all of our Villa families to consider enrolling their children in our summer school program and we welcome students from outside of our Villa Maria Community who would benefit from a focused academic program to strengthen their academic skills.
This year the Villa’s Summer Session has expanded to become a four-week program. Each child will receive a full hour each of daily instruction in reading, writing and mathematics. The program will be scheduled in the morning from 8:15-12:15. Children will have a break for snack and a short recess during the morning.
As always, the average teacher: student ratio will remain 4:1, which reflects the same teacher: student ratio featured during the school year classes at Villa Maria School.
Villa Maria School Summer Session is for students entering grades 1-8.
Dates and Hours
Summer Session runs for four week: July 6- 31 and each day’s classes run from 8:15AM – 12:15PM.
Student Goals and Outcomes:
All students new to Villa Maria will be asked to submit a student learning profile summary and any academic assessment materials prior to the start of summer school to formulate a program tailored for your child’s success. Parents will receive a narrative summary at the end of the four-week session outlining their child’s progress and performance and potential future goals.
Tuition for the Summer Session will be $3,500
Students are expected to enroll for the entire duration of the program and we do not prorate tuition for students who plan to only attend portions of the program. Full payment is required in order for the student to be officially enrolled.
Additional services will be available based on students’ individual needs:
- Speech and Language small group or individual weekly 30-minute sessions as required by the IEP or at parent request
- Counseling small group or individual weekly 30-minute sessions as required by the IEP or at parent request
- Occupational Therapy sessions (to be arranged with Kathy Mak at email@example.com)
Summer School Highlights
- Program Director: Mrs. Jennifer Friedman
- Four week program, July 6-31, with shorter day, 8:15-12:15
- Focus on Reading, Writing and Mathematics
- Small class size (4-5 students in a class)
- Proposed schedule for the mornings:
- 8:15 – 8:30 AM: Arrival and check-in at homerooms
- 8:30 – 9:30 AM: Academic Period #1 (Reading, Writing or Math)
- 9:30 – 9:45 AM: Snack and Break
- 10:00 – 11:00 AM: Academic Period #2 (Reading, Writing or Math)
- 11:00 – 11:15 PM: Recess Break
- 11:15 – 12:15 PM: Academic Period #3 (Reading, Writing or Math)
- 12:15 PM – Pick-up and dismissal
Registration starts on February 19th.
- Complete the enrollment contract
- mail or bring in a check for $3,500
Contact Stephen Bennhoff, Director of Admissions, Development, Marketing, and Communications at 203-322-5886, ext. 104 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org